Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Max Lucado's Hermie and Friends: Antonio Meets His Match DVD

A rude foreigner moves into the garden, testing Antonio's patience.
Antonio should probably be called “Brave Ant”, for the heroic way he leads his Army Ants in defending the garden from, say, Big Bully Croaker. But when some foreign ants move into the garden, their strange ways challenge Antonio to use something other than physical strength and military experience to solve a problem. Featuring Tim Conway as Hermie and special guest-star Fred Willard (“Wall-E”, “Kim Possible”, “Chicken Little”, etc) and includes the original song “How Could Anyone Not Love Me” and the cartoon short "Caterpilla" (a spoof of Cinderella). Lesson is based on Luke 10:27 "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." (ICB)

My Thoughts:
I thoroughly enjoyed sitting down to watch this DVD with my grandchildren. Max Lucado's use of Bible lessons for the little ones was absolutely fantastic. My grandsons were highly engrossed in this story. They laughed and smiled through the whole thing as Antonio was learning to love his new(and very frustrating!) neighbor the way he would want to be loved. I thought that it was a wonderful thing to do when the creators of this DVD had Antonio speaking to God up in the sky about what he should do to resolve his problem and feelings. And having God speak back to Antonio, telling him "to love as I have loved you" was truly remarkable. I highly recommend this DVD to all parents and grandparents who want their children to learn the true meaning of loving others as God loves us all. It would also make a wonderful Sunday School DVD for the little ones to watch.


~Thomas Nelson Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this DVD for review~

~I do not receive financial compensation for any of my reviews. I do however from time to time receive complimentary review books to read and post HONEST reviews, positive and negative. The acceptance of a book does not guarantee a positive review.~

No comments:

Post a Comment