Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thicker than Blood by C.J. Darlington

Christy Williams finally has her life on track. She’s putting her past behind her and working hard to build a career as an antiquarian book buyer. But things begin to unravel when a stolen Hemingway first edition is found in her possession, framing her for a crime she didn’t commit. With no one to turn to, she yearns for her estranged younger sister, May, whom she abandoned after their parents’ untimely deaths. Soon, Christy’s fleeing from her shattered dreams, her ex-boyfriend, and God. Could May’s Triple Cross Ranch be the safe haven she’s searching for? Will the sisters realize that each possesses what the other desperately needs before it’s too late? A stunning debut from the latest Christian Writers Guild winner.

My Thoughts:
This was a very dramatic story to me. I did not think that I would like this book too well once I had recieved it and started reading it. However, once I did start reading it, I found that I was truly fascinated by the characters and the plot. Having a sister myself,of whom I am extremely close to, I can't imagine ever being estrange from her as these two sisters were. The author did an outstanding job with the story line. She added twists and turns that I truly was not expecting. I was left on the edge of my seat many times. But something that sticks out in my mind, is the author's ability to weave an emotional message from God into the story. I sing praises for this author and her debut novel and will give high recommendation to this book and it's author, as I feel that many people would benefit from reading this emotional and compelling story of forgiveness and God's love.

~Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review~

~I do not receive financial compensation for any of my reviews. I do however from time to time receive complimentary review books to read and post HONEST reviews, positive and negative. The acceptance of a book does not guarantee a positive review.~

No comments:

Post a Comment