Monday, January 10, 2011

Possession by Rene Gutteridge

In the aftermath of investigating the D.C. sniper case, police detective Vance Graegan is burned out on life and love. Hoping to save his marriage, he quits the force and moves his wife and son to the other side of the country. But when the movers decide to hold his belongings for ransom, Vance is determined to ensure that his family’s new beginning is not ruined. Soon, though, losing his possessions becomes the least of his problems as everything they are fighting for begins to unravel in the hands of Vance’s past. In an unforgettable climax, a little boy’s innocent faith brings a group of desperate people to their knees. What is at stake counts for everything, but nothing can prepare Vance for who is behind it.

My Thoughts:
Being a lover of suspense, I knew that I would love this book. And, as predicted, I did. It certainly was filled with everything I look for in a good suspense novel. The twists, the turns, the page turning breathless gasps, the deep and meaningful characters that supply all of these things through the plot. Rene Gutteridge is new to me, and because I am highly pleased with the work of this talented lady, she is one that I will read again and again.

Having a retired military husband and living in Virginia and dealing alot with DC, this plot line really pulled me in. I was instantly in the middle of the heart racing action and suspense as I read about Vance Graegan and his wife, and the DC sniper case. It was life like and very fast paced. Definitely filled with lots of action and keeps the reader hanging on.

If you like edge of your seat suspense, then you definitely want to get a copy of this great novel by a highly talented author. I will be on the look out for more work by this author in the future.

~Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review~

~I do not receive financial compensation for any of my reviews. I do however from time to time receive complimentary review books to read and post HONEST reviews, positive and negative. The acceptance of a book does not guarantee a positive review.~

No comments:

Post a Comment