Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Still House Pond by Jan Watson

Lilly Gray Corbett loves living on Troublesome Creek, but she would much rather play with her best friend than watch her little brother and the twins. Her mama, Copper, is often gone helping to birth babies, and Lilly has to stay home. When Aunt Alice sends a note inviting her to visit in the city, Lilly is excited to go, and Copper reluctantly agrees to let her. Later, when they hear the news that the train crashed, Copper and her husband, John, rush to find out if their daughter is injured . . . or even alive.

My Thoughts:
Having missed book 1 in this series I wasn't quite as pleased with this book. I think, had I read book 1, I would have enjoyed this one hundred percent more than I did.

That being said, I didn't hate this book. It is one that has a powerful story line with characters that are created in a way that come to life when you read about them. The author writes with the strength and ability of a seasoned author who's hands are guided by God as she writes.

I would defintely read more books by this author. I would also recommend this book to others, only if they have read book 1 in this series. I do plan to go back and read the first book in this series sometime in the near future, followed by this one again so I can enjoy this one more.

~Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review~

~I do not receive financial compensation for any of my reviews. I do however from time to time receive complimentary review books to read and post HONEST reviews, positive and negative. The acceptance of a book does not guarantee a positive review.~

No comments:

Post a Comment